The College has a strong commitment to the maintenance of high standards; this includes those of grooming and uniform. How
a student wears their uniform gives a clear message about how the student sees themselves and their College. As members of
this community all students are expected to wear the uniform with pride, and groom themselves appropriately.
The College reserves the right to say what is acceptable in all matters relating to uniform and grooming.
Uniform & Grooming Policy
- Students are to be neatly and cleanly dressed at all times
- Shoes should be leather, clean and well presented
- Nails should be kept clean and neatly trimmed. No nail polish is to be worn
- Boys must be clean shaven
- Hair is to be kept neat and tidy, off the collar, of consistent natural colour, of gradual even grade and all extremes of fashion are to be avoided. Some examples of ‘styles’ that are unacceptable include: ridges, lines, undercuts, rats tails, mullets, steps, bowl cuts, any excessive shaping with gel, and any shaving cuts (1 or 2 grade).
- As a preventative hygiene measure, hair that is longer than shoulder length is to be tied back from the face and out of the eyes. Ribbons, hair slides etc, if worn, should be in the College uniform colours.
- Primary students are to wear the school navy bucket hat every day. The College has a ‘No Hat No Play Policy’ for primary students.
- Secondary students, during Term 1 and 4, are to wear their sport cap for all practical and sporting activities.
- Students are required to purchase the College backpack from the Uniform Shop
- Students are required to purchase the College Sports Bag from the Uniform Shop. This bag is to be used on Excursions, for Sporting Gala Days, Athletics & Swimming Carnivals, etc
- A smaller library bag is also available for purchase to borrow books from the College library
Students may wear:
- Short chains with small religious medals or crosses underneath their uniform
- 1 pair of sleepers or small, plain metal ear studs. Boys may not under any circumstances wear earrings
- A wristwatch
Students may not wear:
- Make up or nail polish
- Friendship wristbands unless supporting a school conducted charity fundraiser
- Badges other than those issued by the College
- Jewellery or any other facial piercings
Please note: School shoes must be black, polishable, hard leather, lace-up and closed. Laces must also be black. The College has a duty of care to ensure the safety of students and therefore, to reduce the likelihood of foot injuries and trip hazards, styles that are open, buckled and with heels higher than the traditional school shoe are not permitted.
The College will impose consequences on students who choose not to comply with the uniform requirements.